Volunteers with amazing children
The Aashray home is a home for HIV infected and affected orphan children who have been rejected by their near ones due to discrimination, death of a parent, or their family´s financial problems.
The mission of Aashray Care Home is to nurture the dreams of children. Our vision is to let every HIV affected and infected child live with dignity and courage. Children here are redesigning their dreams and aspirations through community involvement.
25 Horas de ayuda por semana
Ayuda con varias tareas de reparación o construcción.
Ayuda a plantar y cultivar jardines.
Da clases de idiomas a huéspedes o comunidades locales.
Cuidado de Niños:
Ayuda a cuidar niños.
2 dias libres por semana
Tendrás una cama en un cuarto compartido con otros viajeros.
Tienes derecho a desayunos gratis cada día de tu estadía.
Tienes derecho a almuerzos gratis cada día de tu estadía.
Tienes derecho a cenas gratis cada día de tu estadía.
Puedes usar libremente nuestra lavandería.:
Hay un lugar especial donde se lava la ropa sin costo.
Más de 18 años
Admite voluntarios solos, parejas y dúos
Lo que no está incluído
Vuelos, Seguro de Viaje, Transporte Interno y Visa
The Aashray Care Home was established in 2006 by the Positive Women Network of Rajasthan. Harassment and stigma issues necessitated starting a care home for children affected by HIV and AIDS. Children living with HIV are in an extremely vulnerable situation because they are usually single or double orphans. Children usually get HIV infection from their mother during the pregnancy and birth. Because of lack of knowledge sometimes both the parents are affected and financially not capable to take care of infected child. Aashray take care of children of such families.
Currently there are 60 children between the ages of 5 to 18 years residing at the care homes. This initiative is supported by dedicated staff members and several individual volunteers and organizations. Parents and relatives of the children staying at the care home are free to visit the children at the care home
Actividades & Turnos
There are many ways in which you can positively contribute to the children's lives as a volunteer. Ways you can help include:
- Taking care of the children: cooking, serving food, distributing medication, washing clothes, cleaning, or counseling
- Visiting with the children on a regular basis: spending time with them at the park, drawing with them, playing with them, or helping them with their homework
- Holding workshops for children or staff: cooking, good hygiene, HIV or sexual education
- Fundraising for the well-being of children
- Organizing special events: birthdays, children's day celebration or outings
- Help to finish building the boy zone : Electricity, plumbing, lay a stair railing, lay tiles, handy work, gardenimg.
Shifts and working hours are flexible.