Reception & Organizing and Facilitating Conversation Pub
Are you interested in spending your vacation with us? This position is great for making new friends from all over the world, getting in touch with different cultures and improving your language skills. You will help us with social media and making videos! Our hostel is located in one of the best neighborhoods of São Paulo, Vila Madalena. In walking distance you can find the subway (5 min) and nightlife district (15 min).
32 horas por semana
Ensine um idioma para hóspedes ou comunidades locais.
O que você recebe
3 dias livres por semana
Quarto da equipe:
Você terá uma cama em um quarto compartilhado, ou seja, irá dividir o quarto com outras pessoas.
Café da manhã:
Você ganha café da manhã gratuito todos os dias que ficar aqui.
Você ganha almoço gratuito todos os dias que ficar aqui.
Você ganha jantar gratuito todos os dias que ficar aqui.
Você pode usar nossa lavanderia gratuitamente.
Aulas de Yoga:
Participe gratuitamente das aulas de yoga no nosso espaço.
Use nossa cozinha equipada:
Fique à vontade para usar nossa cozinha para cozinhar sua própria comida.
Inglês Fluente e Português Iniciante
Tem que ter pelo menos 18 anos
Recebe voluntários sozinhos (não aceita casal ou duplas)
O que não está incluso
Passagens, seguro viagem, transporte e visto
We always search for people with strong motivation and commitment to help us. Fluency in Portuguese and English are the key elements we ask for, and some basic knowledge in a third or fourth language is very welcome. Regarding personality, our Worldpackers should be open-minded, proactive, communicative, reliable and flexible.
You should be able to adapt yourself to the coexistence in our hostel with different cultures, to take care of the guests´ needs and to help us keeping a familiar atmosphere.
First week we will explain you everything you need to know and you will do your first shift together with us.
Atividades & Turnos
Activities & shifts - Reception:
• You will work at the reception 3 shifts per week, equivalent to 8 hours per shift (it can be morning shift from 7am to 3pm, afternoon from 3pm to 11pm or night from 11pm to 7am according to predetermined scale)
• More specific information about these activities see here (https://www.worldpackers.com/positions/4627/details)
Activities & shifts - Conversation Pub:
• You are responsible to organize and facilitate our weekly Conversation Pub
• Take part in other conversation meetings here in São Paulo and promote our Conversation Pub
• Create and moderate the Conversation Pub events on social media and travel platforms (Facebook, Couchsurfing, etc.)
• Facilitate and moderate the Conversation Pub here at our hostel (once a week from 7-10pm)
• You have to be proactive, fluent in English (native would be even better) and communicative - love to talk with peo
Food: We offer basic food like rice, beans, pasta and tomato sauce. The volunteers cook by their own. Breakfast is the same one we serve the guests. WE ARE A VEGETARIAN/VEGAN HOSTEL! So everything we provide is vegetarian/vegan.
Laundry: You get to wash your clothes once every two weeks (or you can wash with someone else once per week).
Accommodation: We have a 8 bed dorm (with security lockers) that is just for worldpackers.
Weekly Meeting: STAFF meetings every wednesday at 8am.
After the first 2 weeks with us we will give you a feedback about our work.