We are currently looking for a house captain for our BRUNSWICK hostel. Our house captain is responsible for making sure everyone feels safe and ensuring new guests feel welcome. Duties include some cleaning and admin but mainly organising and facilitating social events. The ideal person enjoys people and a social life but is not a huge party animal (anymore). In the role you will be supported directly by the owner and operations manager.
10 Horas de ayuda por semana
Recepción: Ayuda con check-ins, check-outs y atiende a nuestros huéspedes.
Limpieza: Ayuda a limpiar la cocina, dormitorios, baños y áreas comunes.
Promotor de Fiestas: Ayuda a promocionar fiestas y actividades sociales.
Administración: Ayuda con el sistema de reservas y los pagos.
3 dias libres por semana
Habitación compartida: Preparate para conocer gente mientras te alojas en una habitación compartida.
Lavandería gratis: Hay un lugar especial donde se lava la ropa sin costo.
Más de 25 años
Vuelos, Seguro de Viaje, Transporte Interno y Visa
Please note the following:
- We require at least 12 weeks guaranteed continuous availability to consider you for this position
- Every hour you work we credit you $20 off the cost of your following week's accommodation
- Therefore, all guests must pay their first week's rent upon check-in to the hostel
- House captains generally work between 6-12 hours a week, including time taken to plan & host social events
- If your credits amount to less than your full week's rent, you are required to pay the remaining amount on rent day
- If your credits amount to more than your full week's rent, extra credits roll over to the following week
- Rostering is based on availability, performance & balancing hours between all staff members
Social events can be BBQs, movie nights and games, plus external events. On shift you also are responsible for some minor cleaning & housekeeping, taking rent payments and checking in new guests.
We are a working hostel so we have rules in place to make sure that everyone can not only have a fun and safe time, but get a good night's sleep. We treat our guests like adults but breaking of the rules is strictly enforced.