House Captain - Ambassador of awesomeness
We are currently looking for a house captain for our RICHMOND hostel.
Our house captain is responsible for making sure everyone feels safe and ensuring new guests feel welcome. Duties include some cleaning and admin but mainly organizing and facilitating social events. The ideal person enjoys people and social life but is not a huge party animal (anymore). In the role, you will be supported directly by the owner and operations manager.
What you offer
10 hours of help per week
Help with check-ins, check-outs and guest assistance.
Help clean the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas.
Help organise and promote parties and social activities.
Help with booking systems and payments.
What you get
3 days off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
You can use our laundry room freely.
Between 22 and 32 years old
Only hosts solo volunteers (doesn’t accept couples or pairs)
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
Please note the following:
- We require at least 12 weeks guaranteed continuous availability to consider you for this position
- Every hour you work we credit you $20 off the cost of your following week's accommodation
- Therefore, all guests must pay their first week's rent upon check-in to the hostel
- House captains generally work between 6-12 hours a week, including time taken to plan & host social events
- If your credits amount to less than your full week's rent, you are required to pay the remaining amount on rent day
- If your credits amount to more than your full week's rent, extra credits roll over to the following week
- Rostering is based on availability, performance & balancing hours between all staff members
Activities & Shift
Social events can be BBQs, movie nights and games, plus external events. On shift you also are responsible for some minor cleaning & housekeeping, taking rent payments and checking in new guests.
We are a working hostel so we have rules in place to make sure that everyone can not only have a fun and safe time, but get a good night's sleep. We treat our guests like adults but breaking of the rules is strictly enforced.