Help at front desk and make new friends!
A wonderful place, a lively fun atmosphere and excellent facilities. Our volunteers must genuinely enjoy getting involved in hostel activities and having a good time with travelers from all around the globe to help us create a social active atmosphere. Unbeatable location 5 minutes walk from Quito's Old Town main tourist area within a short distance to all major attractions, night life and interesting spots and central transport around the corner
What you offer
25 hours of help per week
Help prepare, finish and serve meals.
Help with night shift tasks and create a relaxing environment for guests.
Help with check-ins, check-outs and guest assistance.
Make and serve drinks and help maintain the beverages inventory.
What you get
2 days off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other people.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
Discounts on Parties:
Get discounts at nearby parties and clubs.
Discounts on Restaurants:
Get discounts at nearby restaurants.
Discounts on Tours:
Get discounts for tours and excursions around town.
Discounts on Accommodation:
Get discounts for your stay in other hostels.
You can use our laundry room freely.
We’ll take you on tours and rides around town. For free!
Get free entrance for the best parties in town.
Get free entrance for the best events in town.
Be a part of our pub crawls at local bars!
Take free dance classes at our place.
Take free language classes at our place.
Use our equipped kitchen:
Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Get a certificate of completion after you finish your experience.
Fast Internet Access:
High-speed internet for you to work remotely
Specific space for you to work remotely
Beginner English or Beginner Spanish
Over 19 years old
Welcomes solo volunteers, couples, and partners of volunteers
Be from outside Ecuador
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
We want volunteers who want to get involved, use their skills, and learn new skills!. Five hours a day/ five days a week of your help will get you covered with accommodation in a shared volunteer dorm (maximum 4 people but usually only 2 or 3), breakfast plus cooking facilities, free weekly laundry, and hostel activities. We have an onsite restaurant and bar with excellent prices for when you don't want to cook . We have a free walking tour of Quito's historic centre that we encourage you to go on to learn about Quito, and we can offer discounts on day tours and 3, 4, and 5 day Amazon tours to Cuyabeno after your stay.
Activities & Shift
Volunteer roles include helping with reception tasks or in our bar/restaurant and hosting free events with our guests (e.g, salsa lessons, storytime, a language exchange with guests and locals, pub quiz nights, and nights out on the town. Please let us know if you have any specific skills, so we can match you to the best roles within the hostel. If you have a specialty not listed -- let us know -- we're open to new activities.
- Keep volunteer room and bathrooms clean and in order
- Leave common areas at 11 pm / respect quiet hours
- Clean after yourself every time you use the volunteer kitchen
- Consume food prepared in volunteer kitchen in the volunteer kitchen
- Do not use bar and restaurant kitchen for personal purposes
- Do not bring guests or friends into volunteer dorms
- Do not enter guests rooms to socialize or drink
- Consume alcohol only in the bar/lounge/terrace areas
- Do not sell, consume, or handle drugs anywhere on hostel property
- Arrive to shifts 10 minutes prior to start time
- Deliver personal laundry to cleaning staff one day per week only (only cleaning staff may use the laundry facilities)
- Leave any lost and found items in the lost and found
- Coordinate any night activities between volunteers with management to ensure guests are included when appropriate