Founded in 2014, we are an organisation for educational development, cultural exchange. We aim to give our students the best chance possible to improve their English skills, to find a good job and improve their overall well-being. 1. How’s your help? - Teach English in Hanoi. 2. What’s else you will do to gain cultural exchange - Weekly teambuilding/coffee shop/picnic/day trip/VCV monthly meet up and monthly charity. - Learning Vietnamese
4 hours of help per day
Child Care: Get a new purpose in life educating and caring for children
Teaching Sports: Organize and teach different sports and activities.
Teaching Languages: Give language lessons to guests or local community.
2 days off per week
Shared Dorm: Be ready to meet people while staying in a shared dorm.
Breakfast: Get your free breakfast, the most important meal of the day.
Lunch: Free lunch is served y'all, get yours!
Dinner: Have your free dinner before going to bed.
Discounts on Accommodation: Feel free to explore! Get discounts on partner locations.
Free Laundry: There's a special place where all the clothes get cleaned for free.
Free Drinks: Drink up! Get free and tasty drinks for yourself.
Free Parties: Party on! Get free parties and party all night long.
Free Events: Be part of something! Get free events.
Language lessons: Learn or improve your language skills.
Between 18 and 50 years old
Be from outside Vietnam
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
1. Help with teaching English in our non-profit classes in Hanoi centre.
1.1. Teach English to kid.
- Age: 5-15 years old.
- Class size: 6-15.
- Material: teaching assistants, detailed lesson plan, list of games, whiteboard, flash cards (4-8 years old).
- Support by our Vietnamese-speaking assistant will be on hand to help you explain lesson plans to the children and other volunteers.
- The children are very nice, enthusiastic and eager to learn.
- They have some experiences with learning English previously.
1.2. Teach English to adult.
- Age: 16+ years old.
- Class size: 6-15.
- Material: teaching assistants, general lesson plan, list of games, whiteboard and computer.
- Other volunteers and Vietnamese teaching-assistant will be on hand to help you explain lesson plans to the beginner students.
- Help with pronunciation, speaking, listening.
- The students are enthusiastic learners,
Besides teaching students inside the class we aim to increase their confidence, conversational abilities and skills in the workplace. This is done by having a cultural exchange between volunteers and students, including kids and adults on Sundays (which are optional for volunteers to attend). We focus on activities such as pick up trash, free talk, picnic, food tour, field trip, football, etc.
- This is a great way to share experience, explore Vietnam and participate in cultural exchanges through the local people, foods, and customs.
- This is the perfect opportunity if you have any work experiences/skills to share with the students. They also are happy to share with your local culture.
VCV seeks English speaking volunteers from all over the world who are social, friendly, hardworking, funny and responsible. We also would like volunteers who are easy going, and talkative to help create a friendly family-like environment around the dinner table
We do not require a teaching certificate as well as teaching experience, but we require that you speak English to an advanced level and with a clear accent. We ask of this because we hope to give our students the best quality experience and education.