Build Our Community Through English Education & Cultural Exchange
Founded in 2014, we are an organisation for educational development & cultural exchange. We aim to give our students the best chance possible to improve their English skills, to find a good job and improve their overall well-being. You'll help by teaching English in Hanoi, and you'll get cultural exchange through weekly teambuilding/coffee shop/picnic/day trip/VCV monthly meet up and monthly charity & by learning Vietnamese. Come help us! =)
4 hours of help per day
Teach a language to guests or local communities.
What you get
2 days off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free lunch, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.
Discounts on Accommodation:
Get discounts for your stay in other hostels.
You can use our laundry room freely.
Get free drinks or beverages.:
Drink up! Get free and tasty drinks for yourself.
Get free entrance for the best parties in town.
Get free entrance for the best events in town.
Take free language classes at our place.
Over 18 years old
Accepts solo applications and also couples and pairs
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
1. Help with teaching English in our non-profit classes in Hanoi centre.
1.1. Teach English to kid.
- Age: 5-15 years old.
- Class size: 6-15.
- Material: teaching assistants, detailed lesson plan, list of games, whiteboard, flash cards (4-8 years old).
- Support by our Vietnamese-speaking assistant will be on hand to help you explain lesson plans to the children and other volunteers.
- The children are very nice, enthusiastic and eager to learn.
- They have some experiences with learning English previously.
1.2. Teach English to adult.
- Age: 16+ years old.
- Class size: 6-15.
- Material: teaching assistants, general lesson plan, list of games, whiteboard and computer.
- Other volunteers and Vietnamese teaching-assistant will be on hand to help you explain lesson plans to the beginner students.
- Help with pronunciation, speaking, listening.
- The students are enthusiastic learners,
Activities & Shift
Besides teaching students inside the class we aim to increase their confidence, conversational abilities and skills in the workplace. This is done by having a cultural exchange between volunteers and students, including kids and adults on Sundays (which are optional for volunteers to attend). We focus on activities such as pick up trash, free talk, picnic, food tour, field trip, football, etc.
- This is a great way to share experience, explore Vietnam and participate in cultural exchanges through the local people, foods, and customs.
- This is the perfect opportunity if you have any work experiences/skills to share with the students. They also are happy to share with your local culture.
VCV seeks English speaking volunteers from all over the world who are social, friendly, hardworking, funny and responsible. We also would like volunteers who are easy going, and talkative to help create a friendly family-like environment around the dinner table
We do not require a teaching certificate as well as teaching experience, but we require that you speak English to an advanced level and with a clear accent. We ask of this because we hope to give our students the best quality experience and education.