Volunteer with amazing children
Travellers will experience the joy of spending time with wonderful children, share laughter and happy memories. They will feel useful in their everyday life, bringing company to loving kids and helping the foundation in its development. Also this will be a great opportunity for them to share their skills, get knowledge in a true local experience and make a difference in their life.
You will be also be able to enjoy the great city of Jaipur.
What you offer
20 hours of help per week
Help look after, educate and instruct children.
Help with painting, graffiti, sculpting or drawing.
Help with volunteer work in local projects and communities.
Teach a language to guests or local communities.
What you get
2 days off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free lunch, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.
You can use our laundry room freely.
Over 18 years old
Accepts solo applications and also couples and pairs
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
The Aashray Care Home was established in 2006 by the Positive Women Network of Rajasthan. Harassment and stigma issues necessitated starting a care home for children affected by HIV and AIDS. Children living with HIV are in an extremely vulnerable situation because they are usually single or double orphans. Children usually get HIV infection from their mother during the pregnancy and birth. Because of lack of knowledge sometimes both the parents are affected and financially not capable to take care of infected child. Aashray take care of children of such families.
Currently there are 60 children between the ages of 5 to 18 years residing at the care homes. This initiative is supported by dedicated staff members and several individual volunteers and organizations. Parents and relatives of the children staying at the care home are free to visit the children at the care home.
Activities & Shift
There are many ways in which you can positively contribute to the children's lives as a volunteer. Ways you can help include:
- Taking care of the children: cooking, serving food, distributing medication, washing clothes, cleaning, or counseling
- Visiting with the children on a regular basis: spending time with them at the park, drawing with them, playing with them, or helping them with their homework
- Holding workshops for children or staff: cooking, good hygiene, HIV or sexual education
- Fundraising for the well-being of children
- Organizing special events: birthdays, children's day celebration or outings
- Help to finish building the boy zone : Electricity, plumbing, lay a stair railing, lay tiles, handy work, gardening