Welcome to be my volunteers. We work and learn together
Hello, im Ong Puay Aik who is running guesthouse in Melaka city, this is Home guesthouse. My guesthouse is strategically located in Melaka heritage city, just less than 5 minutes walk to Jonker street and china town. The language that i speak is english and chinese. I like to meet and know different friends from all around world.
There is plenty of restaurants around my guest house ( with in 5 minutes walking distance )
What you offer
25 hours of help per week
Help clean the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas.
Help with changing the bed linens and general housekeeping.
Help with check-ins, check-outs and guest assistance.
What you get
2 days off per week
You will have a bed in a private room. In other words, a room just for you.
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
You can use our laundry room freely.
Bikes at your disposal:
You can use our bikes any time you want.
Between 18 and 60 years old
Only hosts solo volunteers (doesn’t accept couples or pairs)
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
We are looking for friendly and responsible volunteer to join us, if you are backpacker, student, traveler who wants to work while travelling.
1. Everyone from around the world are welcome to join as long as the age is 18 years old and above
2. Volunteering time is 4 - 5 hours per day and 5 days per week, depends on number of volunteers ( Please notice that no off days during weekend )
3. Help the guest for check in/out, probably could help to introduce new coming guest about place to visit and go
about in Melaka
4. Helping to change bed sheets and basic cleaning to maintain the guesthouse's cleanliness
5. It will be bonus if you are good working with your hands as possible painting of walls and minor maintenance to
6. couple apply consider 2 persons, sometimes have to work separated shift.
7. Attention, we wont accept any heavy drinker as a volunteers.
Activities & Shift
Volunteer will have the opportunity to know and be friend with guests from different countries in the world. In this multicultural country, we have so many different people from different cultural background and it's all evident in our daily life. Volunteer will have the opportunity to experience something different here in the oldest city in Malaysia, that is melaka.
no drug and gambling allow