Teach girls on menstruation and enjoy the beauty of masai tribe.
MASAAI is among the few tribes in the world that have retained their traditions, lifestyle, and lore. Despite having distinctive culture, rituals, high jumping dance, and custom dress, Masaai still considers menstruation as a curse, hence maasai girls face a lot of discrimination when experiencing their menses.
Hence, we train girls and the Masaai community on the facts concerning menstruation and ensure they get access to menstrual products.
What you offer
15 hours of help per week
Write, edit and publish inspiring content.
Take, edit and provide amazing photos.
Create, edit and publish digital videos.
Maintain and update social media channels.
Additional fee required
Fee pays for:
Benefits for travelers
Volunteers contribute 10 USD per day to help cover expenses for food, water, electricity, and maintenance.
What you get
3 days off per week
You will have a bed in a private room. In other words, a room just for you.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free lunch, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.
Discounts on Tours:
Get discounts for tours and excursions around town.
Discounts on Accommodation:
Get discounts for your stay in other hostels.
We will pick you up when you arrive, and take you to our property.
Take free language classes at our place.
Use our equipped kitchen:
Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Get a certificate of completion after you finish your experience.
Welcomes solo volunteers, couples, and partners of volunteers
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
The program will involve the following activities;
1. Preparation of educative teaching contents and unique teaching aids related to sexual reproductive health rights, which will be used to train the Maasai community on menstruation, sexuality, family planning, and sexual reproductive health rights.
2. Training Maasai girls on how to make their own reusable sanitary pads using local materials available in their local environments such as cotton fabrics, waterproof materials, and towels. The world packers will be trained on how to do this activity by our working staff, and we will collaborative train the girls in Maasai land.
3. Learning the beauty of the Maasai tribe, which include experiencing cultural foods and wearing culture customs.
4. Taking good pictures, reports and attractive videos of program, and sharing the contents to our supporters, followers and beneficiaries.
Activities & Shift
The shift will involve
1. In office activities, which means some days will be spent in the office preparing the workshops, writing reports, editing photos and sharing content in the social medias.
2. Out of the office activities, this is the main part of the program where some days will be spent, in the maasai villages training girls on menstruation and exploring the beauty of the Maasai tribe.
Due to the fact that masaai people still abide themselves with primitive cultural believes, during out of the office activities to their village, we prefer to wear cultural attire, or any decent cloth.