Our project is providing free quality education, care, nutrition and health services to less fortunate rural children in Mwanza region in Tanzania. We need volunteers for the following activities: • Teaching English, reading, and writing skills; • Teaching Creative Arts, Sports and games, • Science, Hygiene and Environmental protection skills • Arithmetic and counting; • Cooking food. Please, check program description for more info.
20 hours of help per week
Social Work: Help with volunteer work in local projects and communities.
Teaching Languages: Teach a language to guests or local communities.
Arts: Help with painting, graffiti, sculpting or drawing.
Kitchen Hand: Help prepare, finish and serve meals.
2 days off per week
Shared Dorm: You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
Breakfast: You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
Lunch: You are entitled to a free lunch, every day of your stay.
Dinner: You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.
Free Tours: We’ll take you on tours and rides around town. For free!
Between 18 and 80 years old
Accepts solo applications and also couples and pairs
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
1. We accommodate freely our volunteers at our volunteers' house rented for this purpose.
2. We provide two meals free of charge (breakfast and lunch) at school but the dinner you will be buying it at a cheapest cost in a nearby restaurant where we always eat.
3. You are required to contribute weekly for the Volunteer Program Support to share costs with us regarding the life at the volunteers’ house. This contribution we ask help us cover house maintenance, electricity, gas and water costs at the volunteer house for the sustainability of the volunteer program BUT also it can help a little bit in the school daily running.
4. The Volunteer Program Support to be contributed by the volunteer participating in our program is US $37 weekly and this amount shall be multiplied by the number of weeks the volunteer will stay to get the total amount to contribute for the all stay.
- Teaching English, Reading and writing skills... in the classroom using different teaching methodologies;
- Give kids assignments to check their understanding with help of the local staff;
- Prepare food for the kids with help of the local staff and share cooking knowledge with the local staff;
- Visit families of the less fortunate kids for cultural exchange and giving a word of comfort;
- Improve the understanding of kids through sports, songs and games;
- Share and exchange knowledge on child care and early childhood with the local staff.
- Taking pictures and videos and promote our activities on social media.
There will be an introductory seminar to culture as we are in a rural areas where there is a lot taboos.
We will train our volunteers on attire and how to live with the villagers.
Remark: In booking the flights to come here remember to tell your agent that the last Airport for you to meet us is Mwanza Airport in Mwanza city so that the agent may see how to connect flights during booking.