Our project is providing free quality education, care, nutrition and health services to less fortunate rural children in Mwanza region in Tanzania. We need volunteers for the following activities: • Teaching English, reading, and writing skills; • Teaching Creative Arts, Sports and games, • Science, Hygiene and Environmental protection skills • Arithmetic and counting; • Cooking food. Please, check program description for more info.
20 hours of help per week
Social Work: Help the local community.
Teaching Languages: Give language lessons to guests or local community.
Arts: Professional painting, sculpting or drawing.
Kitchen Hand: Help serving and organizing meals.
2 days off per week
Shared Dorm: Be ready to meet people while staying in a shared dorm.
Breakfast: Get your free breakfast, the most important meal of the day.
Lunch: Free lunch is served y'all, get yours!
Dinner: Have your free dinner before going to bed.
Free Tours: Don’t miss a thing! Get free tours and explore.
Between 18 and 80 years old
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
We host volunteers at our volunteers' house and volunteers contribute a small amount for accommodation to help us keep renting this house for our volunteer program.
A. The accommodation contribution is USD $60 per week per each person.
B. Airport pick up is arranged for USD $50 or €50 which is for drop in and off (two trips).
C. Donation package: is given by the volunteer to advance this project but it is not compulsory.
You will get free of charge three (3) delicious Tanzanian meals and fresh fruits daily.
Lunch and dinner are provided at our volunteers’ house but the breakfast is provided at school.
You will have some fresh fruits in the morning at our volunteers’ house before breakfast.
We strongly ask our volunteers to buy the Business Visa but, we can accept to receive a person with a tourist Visa here after discussing some terms this in advance.
- Teaching English, Reading and writing skills... in the classroom using different teaching methodologies;
- Give kids assignments to check their understanding with help of the local staff;
- Prepare food for the kids with help of the local staff and share cooking knowledge with the local staff;
- Visit families of the less fortunate kids for cultural exchange and giving a word of comfort;
- Improve the understanding of kids through sports, songs and games;
- Share and exchange knowledge on child care and early childhood with the local staff.
- Taking pictures and videos and promote our activities on social media.
There will be an introductory seminar to culture as we are in a rural areas where there is a lot taboos.
We will train our volunteers on attire and how to live with the villagers.
Remark: In booking the flights to come remember to tell your agent that the last Airport for you to meet us is Mwanza Airport in Mwanza city so that the agent may see how to connect flights during booking.