Sawil Pax Upendo Academy Children's Centre serves less fortunate rural children in Tanzania, East Africa. We need volunteers to promote our activities while they are at the centre to let people see what is happening really and influence them to get involved. We don't know much about visual communication and marketing. The power of media is great, the skills of the volunteer in this matter will create a lasting impact to the kids and us.
20 hours of help per week
Video Making: Create digital videos.
Photography: Take great photos.
Social Media: Help to build and maintain social media channels engaging online users.
2 days off per week
Shared Dorm: Be ready to meet people while staying in a shared dorm.
Breakfast: Get your free breakfast, the most important meal of the day.
Lunch: Free lunch is served y'all, get yours!
Dinner: Have your free dinner before going to bed.
Discounts on Accommodation: Feel free to explore! Get discounts on partner locations.
Free Laundry: There's a special place where all the clothes get cleaned for free.
Free Tours: Don’t miss a thing! Get free tours and explore.
Language lessons: Learn or improve your language skills.
Certificate: Get a certificate of completion after you finish your experience.
Between 18 and 80 years old
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
We host volunteers at our volunteers' house and volunteers contribute a small amount for accommodation to help us keep renting this house for our volunteer program.
A. The accommodation contribution is USD $60 per week per each person.
B. Airport pick up is arranged for USD $50 or €50 which is for drop in and off (two trips).
C. Donation package: is given by the volunteer to advance this project but it is not compulsory.
You will get free of charge three (3) delicious Tanzanian meals and fresh fruits daily.
Lunch and dinner are provided at our volunteers’ house but the breakfast is provided at school.
You will have some fresh fruits in the morning at our volunteers’ house before breakfast.
We strongly ask our volunteers to buy the Business Visa but, we can accept to receive a person with a tourist Visa here after discussing some terms this in advance.
- Working with kids and our staff in the centre,
- Visiting kids in their respective families,
- Writing attractive stories on the project and share with people in their connections,
- Making videos, taking pictures and promoting the activities of the centre on social media, conferences, shows, public places and any other media which the volunteer has access to,
- Train/advice the staff on marketing and communication skills,
- Making flyers and any promotional materials for the centre to share in social media,
- Influence people around the world to join and support Sawil Pax Upendo Academy.
Volunteering with us is free of charge.
We give free accommodation at our home.
Regarding food, please understand it is a big challenge to us here.
So we ask you kindly to prepare a contribution of US $45 or Euros 45 every week for food during your stay or you can decide to eat in local restaurants in the village at your own budget.
Airport pick up is arranged for USD $50 or €50 which is shuttle for drop in and off or use public transport during the day.
You have to buy a Business Visa for US $250 for 90 days to volunteer here.
Visa requirements for Volunteers:
- Valid passport from 6 months ...,
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate,
- Round trip flight ticket,
- Invitation letter from us as your host in Tanzania.
The volunteer is responsible to meet all Visa conditions when coming and living in Tanzania.
Visas are bought at arrival in any entry point of our country.