Sawil Pax Upendo Academy Children's Centre serves less fortunate rural children in Tanzania, East Africa. We need volunteers to promote our activities while they are at the centre to let people see what is happening really and influence them to get involved. We don't know much about visual communication and marketing. The power of media is great, the skills of the volunteer in this matter will create a lasting impact to the kids and us.
20 hours of help per week
Video Making: Create digital videos.
Photography: Take great photos.
Social Media: Help to build and maintain social media channels engaging online users.
2 days off per week
Shared Dorm: Be ready to meet people while staying in a shared dorm.
Breakfast: Get your free breakfast, the most important meal of the day.
Lunch: Free lunch is served y'all, get yours!
Dinner: Have your free dinner before going to bed.
Discounts on Accommodation: Feel free to explore! Get discounts on partner locations.
Free Laundry: There's a special place where all the clothes get cleaned for free.
Free Tours: Don’t miss a thing! Get free tours and explore.
Language lessons: Learn or improve your language skills.
Certificate: Get a certificate of completion after you finish your experience.
Between 18 and 80 years old
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
We expect the Worldpackers to be copperative and use fully their skills to make a difference in the lives of these kids through their Video making, Photography and Social media skills free of charge.
We expect them to be the catalyst for change in the lives of these kids as their skills will bring many people to join Sawil Pax Upendo Academy Children's Centre.
Worldpackers will receive love, care and free breakfast, free tour to local museum and the city plus Swahili language class and cultural exchange from us.
We will treat them with kindness, value and love.
- Working with kids and our staff in the centre,
- Visiting kids in their respective families,
- Writing attractive stories on the project and share with people in their connections,
- Making videos, taking pictures and promoting the activities of the centre on social media, conferences, shows, public places and any other media which the volunteer has access to,
- Train/advice the staff on marketing and communication skills,
- Making flyers and any promotional materials for the centre to share in social media,
- Influence people around the world to join and support Sawil Pax Upendo Academy.
Volunteer with us is free of charge.
We offer free accommodation in a host family, only you will contribute for food.
For your food, you will contribute USD $50 or 50 Euros every week.
If you times the number of weeks you want to stay you will get the amount you need to prepare during your stay.
Airport pick up is arranged and you need to prepare USD $60 which is shuttle at your arrival and departure.
As a volunteer, you have to buy a Business Visa which cost US $250 for 90 days stay in Tanzania.
You need to have (Visa requirements for Volunteers):
- Valid passport from 6 months and above,
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate,
- Round trip flight ticket,
- Invitation letter from your host Tanzania.
The volunteer is responsible to meet all Visa requirements when coming to Tanzania.
All Visas are bought at arrival to any entry point of Tanzania, our country.