Changing kids lives through photography, video making and social media promotion
We need volunteers to promote our activities while they are at our school to let people see what is happening really and influence them to get involved.
We don't know much about visual communication and marketing.
The power of media is great, the skills of the volunteer in this matter will create a lasting impact to the kids and us.
What you offer
20 hours of help per week
Create, edit and publish digital videos.
Take, edit and provide amazing photos.
Maintain and update social media channels.
What you get
2 days off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free lunch, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.
Discounts on Accommodation:
Get discounts for your stay in other hostels.
You can use our laundry room freely.
We’ll take you on tours and rides around town. For free!
Take free language classes at our place.
Get a certificate of completion after you finish your experience.
Between 18 and 49 years old
Accepts solo applications and also couples and pairs
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
1. We accommodate freely our volunteers at our volunteers' house rented for this purpose.
2. We provide three meals a day from Monday to Friday and on weekends we make breakfast only and the other meals you will buy out.
3. You are required to contribute weekly for the Volunteer Program Support to share costs with us regarding the life at the volunteers’ house. This contribution we ask help us cover house maintenance, electricity, gas and water costs at the volunteer house for the sustainability of the volunteer program BUT also it can help a little bit in the school running.
4. The Volunteer Program Support to be contributed by the volunteer participating in our program is US $50 weekly or Euros 45 and this amount shall be multiplied by the number of weeks the volunteer will stay to get the total amount to contribute for the stay.
Activities & Shift
- Working with kids and our staff in the centre,
- Visiting kids in their respective families,
- Writing attractive stories on the project and share with people in their connections,
- Making videos, taking pictures and promoting the activities of the centre on social media, conferences, shows, public places and any other media which the volunteer has access to,
- Train/advice the staff on marketing and communication skills,
- Making flyers and any promotional materials for the centre to share in social media,
- Influence people around the world to join and support Savvy Brain Academy.
There will be an introductory seminar to culture as we are in a rural areas where there is a lot taboos.
We will train our volunteers on attire and how to live with the villagers.
Remark: In booking the flights to come here remember to tell your agent that the last Airport for you to meet us is Mwanza Airport in Mwanza city so that the agent may see how to connect flights during booking.