Join our locally run Eco Hotel at lake Atitlan, Guatemala!
At this time we are looking for dynamic, positive, happy volunteers with experience in reception and customer service, with computer knowledge, cooking and cleaning skills. We are looking for people who love to work in a team, be open-minded, motivated and have intermediate English and Spanish skills. Other languages are a plus.
What you offer
25 hours of help per week
Help prepare, finish and serve meals.
Help clean the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas.
Help with check-ins, check-outs and guest assistance.
Help grow plants and cultivate gardens
What you get
2 days off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
Discounts on Restaurants:
Get discounts at nearby restaurants.
Discounts on Tours:
Get discounts for tours and excursions around town.
Take free language classes at our place.
Use our equipped kitchen:
Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Intermediate English or Intermediate Spanish
Over 18 years old
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
We are a peaceful, quiet, vegetarian, ecological hotel and invite people who are like minded. We are not a party place and we don't allow any drugs or meat on our property.
We want responsible volunteers who stick to their word. So please only apply if you are seriously interested in volunteering with us and are not just looking for a free place to stay.
Activities & Shift
• Responding to reservations and other requests via mail, booking websites, whatsapp and phone. Maintaining our booking channels up to date and maximizing reservations using promotions.
• Welcoming Clients, making them feel good, ask them how they slept if they are our guests, etc.
• Taking orders from customers in the restaurant, serving meals and collecting empty dishes
• Clean the rooms and get them ready for the next guests
• Removing weeds and dry leaves from plants, watering the plants, planting and harvesting fruits and vegetables, preparing the soil for new plantations
• Planting and replanting trees, flowers, herbs, fruits and vegetables
• Doing the shopping at the local market
• Helping in the kitchen cooking, washing dishes, cleaning, serving customers.
• Social Media: updating facebook, instagram, website
You are not allowed to take any drugs, smoke or be under the influence of any prohibited substances while you are on the property. We are very strict on that. Police comes regularly to check the place for drugs and you’ll face a long time in prison if you are found with drugs. None of the employees at MayAchik smokes and we expect that as well from our volunteers. This might be the perfect place for you to stop smoking being surrounded by beautiful nature, fresh air and healthy food.