Now recruiting guesthouse helpers in Hiroshima!
Our guest house is now recruiting energetic, motivated helpers to join our community! We offer free lodging and dinners to those who work part-time at our guesthouse.
What you offer
25 hours of help per week
Help with changing the bed linens and general housekeeping.
What you get
2 days off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.
Discounts on Parties:
Get discounts at nearby parties and clubs.
Discounts on Drinks:
Get discounts for drinks and beverages from our bar.
Discounts on Accommodation:
Get discounts for your stay in other hostels.
Get free entrance for the best parties in town.
Get free entrance for the best events in town.
Over 20 years old
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
While the main job is cleaning and bed making, EN’s helpers become an integral part of our community and have access to various experiences and opportunities, including:
• Learning to make drinks and food at our first floor sake bar and restaurant
• Participating or helping to plan events in cooperation with local university students and shop owners
• Meeting people from different cultures and backgrounds in a space that encourages “fateful meetings” or as we say in Japanese, en
• Gaining experience in the daily tasks of guesthouse management and administration
• Discussing Hiroshima’s peace culture with guests and staff
• Engaging in karaoke, drinking parties, and evening merriment
Activities & Shift
Helpers at EN are mainly involved in cleaning and bed making at our guesthouse, to insure a pleasant experience for all of our guests. The work is for four to five hours a day, with two days off per week. EN staff work on a “shift system,” so the days helpers have off will change from week to week.
While helpers do not earn a salary, they are offered free lodging and homemade dinners in exchange for their work. Our chefs are wizards in the kitchen and whip up all sorts of delicious dishes for our daily staff dinners!
After work, our helpers do various things during their free time, such as working other part-time jobs, exploring the city, or just relaxing!
Please note that we are unable to offer visas to our helpers.
This position is ideal for those who:
• Dream of working at a guesthouse
• Like to travel
• Want to live in Hiroshima
• Want to make friends from all over the world
• Have an interest in community building and development
• Derive pleasure from eliminating dust, folding crisp white sheets, and other general cleaning tasks