Skills and attitudes that hosts value in a volunteer
This video outlines the skills and attitudes that Worldpackers hosts value the most in their volunteers, so future travelers know exactly what their hosts expect of them.
Why should you watch this video?
This video is great for first-time volunteers who are wondering what they need to bring to the table.
Volunteering with Worldpackers is about a reciprocal arrangement between volunteer and host, and this video explains exactly how you can help your host and contribute to their business or project in the most effective way. Even if you are a seasoned volunteer and this isn’t your first Worldpackers experience, you can still learn some useful tips about improving your performance as a volunteer.
This video is part of the Certificate “How To Be An Outstanding Worldpacker”.
What you'll learn in this video:
- What to expect for your first volunteer experience
- Why it is important to focus on responsibility, collaboration, and commitment with your host
- The importance of being organized and respectful in a group setting
- How to show initiative and be proactive
- Why you should share ideas with your host
- Why you should always respect different cultures
- The importance of clear communication with your host and your peers
- The perks of being outgoing and social while volunteering
- How to show that you are open-minded and willing to learn new things
This is video is perfect for:
- First-time volunteers
- Seasoned volunteers looking to improve their attitude towards volunteering
- Volunteers eager to get good reviews from their hosts
- Travelers looking to leave a positive impact on the places they visit