Help out and collaborate with your host only a few hours per week.
Help clean the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas.
Exchange and wash bed linens. Make the beds.
Help with check-ins, check-outs and attend to guests.
Have some time off for yourself, go explore the city or rest for a while.
Be ready to meet people while staying in a shared dorm.
A billion stars over your head and a comfy tent to sleep in.
Feel free to prepare your own meal here
Party on! Get discounts and party all night long.
Yummy! Get discounts and grab a bite.
Another pint, please! Get discounts and enjoy pubs/bars.
Drink up! Get discounts and order a few drinks.
Don’t miss a thing! Get discounts and enjoy your free time.
There's a special place where all the clothes get cleaned for free.
Don’t miss a thing! Get free tours and explore.
Drink up! Get free and tasty drinks for yourself.
Party on! Get free parties and party all night long.
Be part of something! Get free events.
Be ready to have fun! Get free pub crawl passes.
Hop on my bike, baby! Free to use bicycles.
Namaste! Join our yoga classes and transform your health.
Hang loose, mate! Join our surf classes.
Rock your body! Join our dance classes.
Learn or improve your language skills.
Join activities related to self-knowledge and meditation.
Worldpackers team will guide and advise you before, during and after your trip.
Every host in the community is checked and approved by our team.
Did something not go as planned? Contact our team.Learn more
Solo necessita hacer recepcion por 5 horas par dia dos dias libres y poco limpiar camas o hacer poco de lavanderiaEstamos en el Parque Nacional Manzanillo y cerca del Parque Nacional Cahuita y cerca del centro de rescate Jaguar. En otras palabras, cerca de exquisitas playas y lugares donde puedes ver animales exóticos. Hay lugares para surfearLearn more
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
I really liked my experience in puerto viejo but don't be fooled by all the things they offer because you wont get any. Beside that I had so much fun with the other volounteer amd I made friend from all over the world!!!
copy and paste in link for fun things to do in talamanca
Top things to do in talamanca
1.Punta uva cliff /cave view snorkel.
punta uva voted one of top ten most beautiful beaches in world by trip advisor. The view from the cliff/ cave is breathtaking and u can snorkel easily there as the coral is at waist length. Have the most beautiful fish in the world. Gear can be rented at punta uva dive center.Great for meditation/peace/crashing waves.
2. Manzanillo national park.
. Also considered to be stunning beaches. These are peaceful alcoved beaches great for a glass of wine and picnic for a romantic date on beach. Massive towering exotic trees birds and romantic vistas. Wear sneakers in case of mud or expect muddy feet.
3. Cahuita National Park. You have to go super early as they wont let you pass the prettiest part after 2pm ie the coral reef. This is famous for its virgin island style coral white beaches. Best to go by bus. Also best to look up the mepe bus schedule as its difficult getting back by bus..if you want postcard picture perfect pictures this is the place. Also filled with wildlife ie monkeys sloths etc..
its an entertaining 4 hour walk.
4. The Jaguar Rescue Center. look up google maps. Its a heart warming experience to have a personal encounter with a baby sloth or monkey. Worth the $20 entry at 930 or 1130 am only.
5. Chocolate or indigineous indian tours. Really fun if youre into herbal medicine and chili or passion fruit chocolate or mint chocolate. The one in bri bri housed a shaman who lived the longest in world history.
6. Surfing. Best at playa cocles.
7. Clubs. Try mangos after party on beach to left. Say drink dance and party and get a free shot. Lots of caribbean twerking.
Try the bohemian lazy mon for parties on beach to right often salsa brava to right.. and lazy mon offer free ladies night drinks ie almost nightly. Or for electronic or salsa dance plus free lessons there are 2 bars on beach at beginning of street 217.
8. Pacaura river rafting. $80 but a once in a lifetime experience. Possibly your best thrill.
9.ziplining. sort of like astral traveling.
10. Out of talamanca we recommend. Arenal. For its romantic cloud rainforrest it like being in a dream. Arenal for its hot water spas. Baldi hotsprings is like disneyland for adults but high end worth every cent. Pavones if u like surfing its extremely pretty but hard to get to.Manual antonio if u like parasailing and its park/ isle like beach is to die for. Also we recommend bocas del toro if u want to do the multiple island tour for $40. And san blass islands panama is considered one of the ultimate experiences.
Ignore the weather if its raining. In general the rain disappears in 1 to 2 hours so continue with your plans and wait for the break
Below is bus schedule link
I sent this to you on your facebook the day you arrived. But you have to go there on your time off we cant personally take you there because we have to manage the hotels. The activities are posted on workaways front page and also on the tour board at our front entrance
The Hostel itself is great a treehouse in the jungle with fast WiFi and is meters from the beach. My experience was hit or miss with the host who is a kind soul but chaotic. This chaos is doubled by their being a 15 year old supervisor. A new hostel was being opened so I only met her twice & the 2nd time she asked me if I was a guest or a volunteer! There are none of the activities she mentions but she is very communicative & open to suggestions for the hostel. I loved the other volunteers & made friends for life so had a amazing experience but you have to be flexible, creative and chill.
All the activities are posted you can read them on the front page of this site. They are all free. Also theres cashew hill for free yoga and free drinks in bars and clubs. All the activities are listed on the tour board which you see upon entrance so all you have to do is read them. Also I was within reason it is difficult to tell volunteers that they are not performing their duties. I think I was correct because we got our lowest scores of the year from customers who said the volunteers were not cleaning and gave low ratings as a result. When those volunteers left we got 5 star reviews straight after.
El hostel está ubicado junto a un cerro y la estructura es muy rústica, con lo cual recomiendo que vayan preparadxds para vivir con la naturaleza. Me gustó el espacio, y lxs anfitriones nos dejan un poco libres, en el sentido que solo con cumplir con el horario y realizar las tareas de mantenimiento del espacio y recibir a lxs huéspedes, es suficiente, y también entiendo que si unx sugiere algo, es bienvenidx. Un poco desorganizadx con los horarios, pero unx puede hablar con ellxs y son accesibles. Me sentí muy cómoda, y relajada. Aprendí, entonces que asÏ es el Caribe, Pura vida, de verdad!
Blue Butterfly Hotel End street 217 /el final de calle 217/ circa esquina avenida 67 y calle 217 /near intersection avenue 67 and street 217 Puerto Viejo 70403 large map All Year: Yes Area (ha): 1 Persons: 8/10 Category: Backpacker Hostel Country: Costa Rica International Phone Code: (+506) Phone: 50663440308 Mobile: 50660426963 We are in between Manzanillo National Park and Cahuita National Park and near the Jaguar rescue ...About the host