1. Add questions to your Screening Questions to better filter the applications you receive and determine through the answers if the volunteer has a profile that fits what you’re looking for.
Look at some examples:
- “Have you had any experiences in a hostel?”
- “Do you have any experience in working at the reception?”
- “Have you been a volunteer before?”
- “Do you smoke?”
- “Do you have friends in the city?”
- “Are you a shy person?”
2. In the “Description” field, tell about your property Rules, as well as pointing out in the Description some of the characteristics you are looking for the most in a volunteer:
Do they need to have previous experience? Would you like them to be outgoing? Do you have a smoke free property?
This is another way of guaranteeing that the applications are from travelers that will meet those requirements.
Remember to reiterate these rules during your conversations with the volunteer to ensure that they are in agreement.
3. Before pre-approving a volunteer, make both of your expectations clear with one another.
You can even schedule a Skype or Whatsapp call to chat with the traveler to see if he/she is definitely the volunteer you want to work with. But remember: at the end of the call, send a message to the traveler through the Worldpackers Inbox confirming all the information that you talked about during the call, and send the pre-approval if you do want to host him/her.
Do you have any tips to select the best volunteers to your property? Share them with us!