What to do during the Coronavirus? Our Covid-19 recommendations at Worldpackers
No matter where you're based or what kind of job you have, COVID-19 has impacted us all. This crisis may shake many aspects of our lives, but we hope that the Worldpackers community will do its part to flatten the curve and get past this together.
The past week has been incredibly hard and confusing. We are in the midst of a global pandemic that is spreading fear and panic worldwide. No matter where you're based or what kind of job you have, COVID-19 has impacted us all.
In this time of uncertainty, we would like to remind everyone to remain calm and optimistic.
Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. COVID-19 is a borderless problem, which requires a global solution. This means we must all come together to cooperate as one.
We must be especially compassionate and kind to each other during this trying time. Please be considerate and selfless, and show respect for your global community with every decision you make.
At Worldpackers, we are doing our best to take care of our community of travelers and hosts.
If you need support, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our Community Happiness team is available every day to give you support via email: [email protected].
Worldpackers' recommendations for our community
We value the health and safety of our travelers and hosts above all else.
We're currently taking additional safety measures to protect our employees, as well as the hosts and travelers that make up our community. We are currently asking all employees to work from home. Additionally, we are working around the clock to provide support to our hosts and travelers, as well as sharing helpful resources to assist them.
Here are our additional recommendations given the global situation:
- Priority number 1 is following the advice of medical professionals. Practice good hygiene and be aware of the medical advice issued in the country you're currently in.
- Wherever you are, stay informed and up-to-date on the latest recommendations and restrictions regarding travel.
- Already on the road? Follow the recommendations provided by the country you're in and read up on your next destinations.
- If you've already arranged a host position, talk to them to see if it's still confirmed. If you need to cancel a trip, please do it officially through the Worldpackers platform (either the app or website).
- Take care of the people around you. Respect your community by following the World Health Organization's advice for the public. To further echo what the WHO and CDC are recommending:
- Wash your hands multiple times daily
- Stay at least 6 ft. away from others
- Self-isolate and stay home as much as possible, even if you are not sick
The COVID-19 crisis will shake many aspects of our lives, but the hope is that through taking the measures above, we can all do our part to flatten the curve and get past this.
If you're not traveling, we recommend you take this time for a bit of reflection.
Take a break and use this opportunity to think about your successes and options.
There's nothing like a global pandemic to help you remember how precious life is.
Did you set goals and targets in January? How are they coming along? Are you still on track or are they a distant memory?
What truly brings you happiness? How can you achieve that? What can you do today, right now, to start that ball rolling?
Your current plans may be postponed, but they won't be canceled forever. Use this time to realign your ambitions, dreams and desires. That way, when this virus passes, and it will pass, you'll be mentally prepared to pursue your happiness with renewed energy.
If you're housebound and in need of inspiration, advice and travel knowledge our community travel blog is the best place to start.
If you're already thinking ahead and know where your happiness lies, check out our host opportunities.
If you're a verified member you've got a treasure trove of information to hand in our Academy.
Combine all these resources and you'll be unstoppable.
Together, we will get through this.
Take care of your health and take all precautions necessary to prevent the further spread of this virus. Please continue to refer to reputable sources for information about the virus (such as the World Health Organization) and stay up to date on your local government's advisories (travel and otherwise).
This too shall pass, and if we take the appropriate actions now, we can come back as a stronger, more united world.
Please be kind, caring, and empathetic. Stay safe and healthy, and don't hesitate to contact our team if you're in need of support at [email protected].
We're here for you.
The Worldpackers Family